The colors of Kerosene oil are different in different countries like United States, India, Australia, etc. In India, the Kerosene oil is blue, in United States, it is red and in other countries the kerosene has different colors. Now, the question is “what is the color of Kerosene oil? is it blue or red or anything else?“. If it is not blue or red, then what makes the color of kerosene blue or red? In this article, we are exactly going to discuss this fact.
Color of Kerosene oil
Though we can see the Kerosene oil in blue and red color, but these are not its natural color. In fact, Kerosene oil does not have any color. Yes, kerosene is colorless. Government mixes blue dye to kerosene to make it colorful. There are some reasons behind this.
Why is the color of Kerosene blue or red?
People can easily buy kerosene oil from relevant stores and markets. But, in many countries, government supplies kerosene to the people for a price different from its market prices. Now, government makes the color of the kerosene oil blue by adding blue dye to it. Similarly, to get the red kerosene, red dye can be mixed with kerosene oil. The causes are as below –
- The kerosene oil supplied by government can be easily identified by seeing its color. Government supplies blue kerosene in low price whereas other stores will have white or colorless kerosene. At this government’s kerosene can be restricted to be sold in black markets.
- Many of the countries colored the kerosene and other oils for the safety purpose. Water and kerosene have same color (colorless or white) and both are available in bottles. Therefore, there is a chance of drinking the kerosene instead of water by a mistake.
- Now, government has chosen blue color particularly because some of the drinks are available in brown, red, yellow, green, etc. colors, but blue drinks are not available.
How to change the color of kerosene oil?
The color of kerosene oil is made red or blue by adding dye in it. So, its color can be changed by adding dyes of different colors available in the market. But, the color of kerosene should not be same as the color of other drinks. The cause is mentioned in above paragraph.
Kerosene is white or colorless. Government makes it blue or of any other colors by adding colorful dye to identify government’s kerosene. Kerosene oil may have different colors in different countries. Some of the countries have colored kerosene for the safety purpose. The color of kerosene can be changed at any time by mixing the dye of different color to the kerosene oil.
People also ask:
- What does kerosene look like?
- Is kerosene blue?
- What is the colour of kerosene?
- What is Kerosene oil?
This is all from this article. Hope you understand the actual color of Kerosene oil. If you have any question on this topic you can ask me in the comment section.